So there we were, enjoying breakfast in the New Day dining hall, when a shiny red motorized tricycle cart came WHIZZING BY...FAST!
It was EVAN!
Oh my word. Craig and I looked at each other in total shock. His foster mom had on her red coat, Evan had his Mickey hat, and blue coat on and little Polly was a blur in her red coat.
They parked, and went in to the preschool area.
We didn't follow, as we know it's not official time yet. It was neat. Super neat. Of course we needed to peel ourselves off the ceiling...but again, it's not time yet.
So we finished breakfast with smiles plastered on our faces and walked back over to the guest house. There we met a volunteer also staying at the guest house...who is from Rockford! We could not believe it. Her grandparents go to our church! She is a missionary, doing short term missions. After our conversation, we walked back out of the house. At that same instant, we saw Evan and Polly whiz again right past us. Evan was smiling and waiving as they drove off. We waived back, and he waived too, until we were out of sight.
Unbelievable! He plainly saw us. I wonder if he recognized us. Didn't seem like it, but he certainly had a happy and friendly demeanor about him.
Can you believe that?! So neat.
So, we know he's quite a friendly little boy, and with as fast as that little red cart goes....he's gonna be a roller coaster lovin' kid! Yahoo!!
It was EVAN!
Oh my word. Craig and I looked at each other in total shock. His foster mom had on her red coat, Evan had his Mickey hat, and blue coat on and little Polly was a blur in her red coat.
They parked, and went in to the preschool area.
We didn't follow, as we know it's not official time yet. It was neat. Super neat. Of course we needed to peel ourselves off the ceiling...but again, it's not time yet.
So we finished breakfast with smiles plastered on our faces and walked back over to the guest house. There we met a volunteer also staying at the guest house...who is from Rockford! We could not believe it. Her grandparents go to our church! She is a missionary, doing short term missions. After our conversation, we walked back out of the house. At that same instant, we saw Evan and Polly whiz again right past us. Evan was smiling and waiving as they drove off. We waived back, and he waived too, until we were out of sight.
Unbelievable! He plainly saw us. I wonder if he recognized us. Didn't seem like it, but he certainly had a happy and friendly demeanor about him.
Can you believe that?! So neat.
So, we know he's quite a friendly little boy, and with as fast as that little red cart goes....he's gonna be a roller coaster lovin' kid! Yahoo!!


2 comments:
I'm so glad I got this post of yours before we headed out to church. I know everyone will enjoy reading about your 'sighting'...I sure did!! Can you believe you will be interacting with your precious boy in just a matter of HOURS!?! Get some rest (if you can!!!) and soak in every moment. I'm sure it will be difficult for his foster family, but we are all praying for them, too. And they'll be happpy to know that Evan is going to such an amazing home and family, waiting anxiously for him!! God bless! <><
love,
Tanya
WOW, I don't know how you were able to contain yourself from running to him. I keep looking at the clock counting down the minutes and hours until you will finally meet Evan. I know you are so terribly excited because I am too. This has been a long journey for alot of us, and seeing Evan in your arms is going to make everything seem so much more real.
I cannot wait to check your posts tomorrow.
Hugs
Mandi
Oh, don't forget to give Drew a hug and tell him we will be there very soon.
Post a Comment