Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Interrupting Chronological Back Blogging for Help in Deciding What's for dinner...

Okay, Tanya here again. I'm not sure if this one was a personal email to me, or if Molly actually wanted me to post it for her. So I made the decision to post, as it's pretty funny/interesting and will give everyone a good "taste" of China ...pun intended!! ;)

Stay tuned, more posts about Evan's "Gotcha Day" coming SOON!

We are in Zhengzhou tonight and looking over the room service menu....

How about...

Pork ear and chili sauce
Hot and spicy duck intestine
Jelly fish with vinegar
BBQ crispy pigeon
Braised pork intestines in tofu
Braised, curred duck blood with chili
Braised bull frog with bamboo shoot
American hot dog

And for the discriminating vegetarian, perhaps...

Black fungus with Chinese parsley.
Hot and sour fern root noodles

Dessert:

Black forest cake.


Interesting, aye? We are going to go down and look for a pack of gum or something.


ps..Evan's GREAT!

3 comments:

Valerie and Jeff said...

I'm hoping that you went with the American hot dog and black forest cake--or else you deserve a medal! (Actually, reading through that post about the Easter Sunday meal jogged my memory of having to eat chicken feet at my grandparents when I was little ... I'll have to post about that someday.) Is Evan with you all now officially? It was great that Tanya posted this to us all as it's fun to "taste" a glimpse of China ... but then also have the option of grabbing snack outta the pantry! (Tanya, better pack some granola bars as a back up.)
Blessings for a continued GREAT trip!

Jenna said...

I was going to say the same thing as Valerie- go for the hot dog and black forest cake......WOW. Note to self.....no room service in China! :)

I'm going to enjoy my Easter chocolate a little bit extra tonight!

TanyaLea said...

LOL...I cracked up when you sent this to me! I wasn't sure if you wanted me to post it, or if it was just for my own entertainment...but I decided there was no harm in posting it either way, and that I should 'share' the fun!! ;) Oh yes, this is one 'taste' of China I could do w/out...I think I'll take the others advice and pack some snacks. And I sincerely hope you opted for the hotdog and cake, too!!