It's been awhile. Growing a baby, diving into health issues with Evan, schooling three wild kids, loving on my hubby....time flies.
However, a certain event happened yesterday that is SO Evan, I have to share. Getting Evan to unbuckle his car seat has been, well, a difficult task. He can do it, has done it before, just doesn't want to. And, what Evan doesn't want to do, um....let's just say he will do everything is power not to.
Of course, that is a really nice way of saying, "stubborn."
After church yesterday, we pull into the garage. Evan did not want to unbuckle his car seat, so he pretended like he was sleeping. I gotta give it to the kid...he should be in Hollywood for a budding acting career. Even this discriminating mother had a hard time telling if he was actually sleeping. The mean mom that I am, I would have woke him up, and had him walk into the house...and besides, I cannot physically carry any of the kids these days. My dear husband, however, is full of mercy. He took Evan out of his car seat and carried him in. This entire time, Evan continued to pretend to be asleep. By this time, we both knew he was pretending to be 'asleep' so he would not have to unbuckle his seat. Smart kid.
It wasn't quite time for his nap, but since he was sooooo tired, and we could not wake him up, what else is there to do? Craig carried him up to bed.
Evan was stunned. Craig was in the lead.
A few minutes later, we checked on him. He was wide awake, but still pretending to be sleeping whenever we poked our heads through the door.
If you can believe it, this went on for an hour. Each time Craig or I checked on him, he did his very best to keep up the act. He didn't give in, until he finally did fall asleep.
Parents 1
Child 0
We win.
Evan is NOT stubborn or strong willed.
Craig calls him "dedicated."
Monday, December 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
This made me grin! Yep, I agree-- you won this round!
We also have a very "dedicated" daughter at our house. Ahem. ;)
Sounds like things are going well in your busy life! Hope all is well with your pregnancy!
How funny!!!! Drew does the same thing, but not quite as "dedicated." He can't keep from smiling, which then turns into laughing.
I would love to see updated pictures of Evan (hint, hint).
Oh my word, that is TOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!! ;) Sounds like you oughta get him signed up for some acting auditions when you're feeling better!
And from the sounds of it, "dedication" is a strong and shared trait amongst our NewDay kiddos! ;) LOL!! I just may have to borrow that line. ~ So I learned something new here tonight...Khloe isn't stubborn, she's just 'dedicated' ...love it!!
Post a Comment